Calling all JCC Swimmers | March 18, 2018
How many laps can you swim? On March 18th, you'll get the chance to challenge yourself, meet Olympian Lenny Krayzelburg and earn some cool Swim-A-Thon gear while you splash for a great cause.
All proceeds support scholarships for JCC Chicago's All-In Swim; a water safety and learn-to-swim program for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other disabilities. All-In Swim helps swimmers with disabilities gain comfort in the water and have fun!
Grab your swimsuit. Grab a friend. Everyone is welcome to participate!
The more money you raise, the more gear you get, the more kids you help learn to swim!
Here's how it works:
- Set your goal of how many laps you can swim.
- Click "Start Fundraising" above to setup your personal fundraising page.
- Get friends and family to sponsor each lap by sharing the link to your fundraising page!
- Come to the pool on March 18 ready to swim, meet Olympian Lenny Krayzelburg and have fun as a family!
Prizes for pledges raised
- $36 | Swim-A-Thon Swim T-Shirt
- $54 | Swim-A-Thon T-Shirt & Water Bottle
- $72 | Swim-A-Thon T-Shirt, Water Bottle & Towel
- Highest individual fundraiser will win a Fitbit!
Fundraising closes March 25
Register online below or in person at the Bernard Weinger JCC
Register to Swim
Swim-a-thon Challenge Rules:
- To participate, swimmers must be at a Kicker level with in the LKSA program (or equivalent program) or higher.
- Swimmers get 30 minutes to complete laps. Lap widths are for Kicker through Freestyler levels and lap lengths are for Glider through Adult swimmers.
- Kick boards, kicking mats, stroke bars and noodles may be used for swimming lap widths (Kicker - Freestyler level).
- Swimmers will get one break, to rest or use the bathroom, during the 30 minutes.
- Swimmers must bring someone with them during their designated swim time to count laps if they are not able to keep track on their own.
A special thanks to our generous Swim-A-Thon sponsors!